Monday 17 January 2011

If.I.Wake.Up.Tomorrow.Will.You.Still .Be.Here?

Seriously, yesterday was the most gorgeous day possible. Cold, but sunny. I'm not going to post all the pictures on here (I probably took 50, and the wireless in the library is too slow for that), so check the facebook for the rest of them. But here are a few of my favorites:



These are all from the top of Calton Hill, the same place my pictures were from the first day. I can't wait to see it in the spring. It's a very tourist-y place (I'm already acquiring a dislike for them) but at the same time it's one of my favorite places I've been so far. Nature in the city and all that. It's not so hard to find, as it turns out.
I made friends with a bunch of weird Indian tourist guys who asked me to take a picture of all 4 of them, and then with them ... apparently they thought I was a local. I also tried Indian food with Claire last night for the first - and last - time at a really sketchy place on Nicholson Square. I'm still a bit reluctant to buy food from an ethnic store though.
I've been asked for directions several times now - and been able to give them (a great feeling).
The only thing I'm worried about is lectures and the individual reading and not really knowing what's expected of us. Hopefully once tutorials start someone will tell us exactly what is going on academically here, which would be great. I feel like everything else has come together, except for that tiny detail. 
And as I'm sitting in the library waiting for my History of Art lecture to being, there is a girl wearing sneakers with individual toes. Scotland is starting to grow on me again.

No comments: