Friday 20 May 2011

Today is a good day and this is why:



Aren't they the most gorgeous things you've ever laid eyes on? This is a case of true shoe love, and in love conversion rates do not exist. So I will let Paulo tell you all about it.


Hey, I put some new shoes on,
And suddenly everything is right,
I said, hey, I put some new shoes on and everybody's smiling,
It's so inviting,
Oh, short on money,
But long on time,
Slowly strolling in the sweet sunshine,
And I'm running late,
And I dont need an excuse,
'cause I'm wearing my brand new shoes.

-Paulo Nutini, 'New Shoes'


As it turns out, men can appreciate new shoes too.

Also there is my last final (Early Modern Scottish History) tomorrow to be worrying about, but hey. Whatever. You only need a 40% to pass over here, and that's the beauty of the Scottish education system. Not that I'm condoning underachieving at all. I'm just saying - it happens.

The world is supposed to end tomorrow too, I found out today. If it does, at least I won't have to pay back my college loans. Tonight, I'm going to sleep in those shoes so that if I die, at least I'll go out with my boots on. Robert Duvall would be so proud.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

If those shoes happen to disappear from your closet next semester...um...I know nothing.